Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Happy New Year!

Rest does miracles.

The necklace is now finished. It has no name, and I am not sure if I should continue naming my designs.

I finished the overall shape.


But it still felt kind of dull and needed something to make it more alive. So, I added contrasting color, shapes and sparkles: Swarovski fire opal bicones.

What do you think? Better now?


Finally, I took my time and gave this necklace a proper photo-session.



A couple of close-ups of those gorgeous Russian fluorite stones:




And here are some close-ups of different elements and some of those Japanese-Czech hybrid seed beads. I am in love with them. 










The clasp is made by a very talented Russian artist Anna Chernykh: https://annabronze.com/.


So, to sum it up.


Happy New Year, everyone!
Stay warm :)


4 comments:

Coco - La Bijoutisse said...

Very beautiful beadwork...

Foxan said...

Thank you so much, Coco!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see you are back. You just disappeared. I was worried. I accidentally happened to see your blog in my old favourites. With new posts! I'm sorry to hear about your struggle with serious health issues. You are one of my favourite bead artists. I greatly admire your beadwork. It is really unique and perfectly executed. Not at all Swedish in that minimalist way. Hopefully we'll see a lot of new bead art from you. Please, keep blogging! But only when you feel like that.
I think the necklace is really beautiful now. You felt inspired to recreate it and it shows. In my opinion, the fire opal crystals give a twinkle of life to the necklace. They make the piece so much more interesting and enchanting. Fire opal is one of my favourite crystal colours. What about adding one more crystal to the central part of the embroidery? It would give the eyes a path to follow from the one cluster of fire to the other.
A big hug from a beader in Stockholm! Mirri

Julia Mitelman said...

Thanks for shariing this